Friday 15 March 2019

My Accident Story



Fractured

February 2019 

By Henry 

I am learning to entertain my audience through a recount.

Have you ever fractured something? I have, this is the story of when first fractured something. My bum bone, no I’m serious your bum bone is called your Coccyx. This pain is excruciating it hurt for over 2 weeks. This happened at Potters Park when I was nine years old. I was mostly looking for trouble back then, especially when my little sister was around. She was painful and easily annoying, her reactions were priceless.

Piling in the car, me and my sister squabbled as we made the journey to Potter’s Park at 50 kilometres an hour. Harriet was being both dancer and prancer in the car because she was having a mini play date with her friend Elizabeth Harkison Merith at Potter’s Park. My mum was focusing on only one thing at this moment, getting a parking space. Apparently that is one of the most annoying things at 3:30pm on a summer's afternoon. Mum turned a corner and found a parking space, “Yay congratulations mum you found a parking space.”

My sister ran to enjoy her moment with best friend. Just then I knew what I was going to do at the waterpark - chase my sister and her friend. I truly do love annoying my sister. I slipped into my swimming togs thinking of how mischievous I was going to be. Vroom, vroom, I ran and chased my sister as fast as a Wacky Road Racer through the park. She screamed, I laughed, my sister’s friend warned her many times that I was inches behind them. Grab! My sister screamed, “Let go of me Henry!” After I let her go, my sister went to tell me off while the sudden feeling of guilt started to pile up on me. I slid off down the grass turf. I was about to head back after them when suddenly the pain seared through my body. I whimpered because it felt like somebody had just set my bum on fire, so I ran to my mum. She didn’t realise I was in pain so she told me off instead. I was desperate to explain, I told her that I slid down the grass turf hill and slid on my coccyx (yes, bum) over a climbing grip.

Ouch, every time I sat down my bum hurts, still can hurt till this day today. The only thing I could do was rest. My bum hurt every time I tried to move same as it is now . “This was a very bad week” I said to my mum. “I know,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment